So you have decided to build your best friend a place, but you are not sure exactly how and to begin; while it is not hard, your work will be a lot smother with a bit of planning.
✅ Petsfit Indoor Wooden Pet House For Small Beagle
Worked for what You needed it for. – Made of solid wood keeps the dog house sturdy and no odors and harm to pets. Easy to assemble with pre-drilled holes; Only screwdriver is required . It is available to paint the pet house with the pattern and color you like.
- 1 A Dog House Blue Print
- 2 Your Dog and His/Her House
- 3 Dog House Plan: Building the Best Home for Your Beagle
- 4 Tools and Materials
- 5 No Shame in Asking for Help
- 6 Beagle Dog House Building Plan Helpful Tips
- 7 Where to Get a Free Dog House Blue Print?
- 8 The Value of a Dog House
- 9 What About Building a Dog House for Your Beagle?
- 10 What You Should Ensure that Your Dog House Should Have?
A Dog House Blue Print
Even for a dog house, it is suggested to create and work on a blue print first, because it will work to your advantage when you will put it together. Here are the advantages of creating a dog house blue print:
- Location will be planned at the best possible place in your courtyard or lawn.
- You will be able to work details out such as ventilation, which is extremely necessary all year round.
- A dog house blue print will also allow you to work all measurements out before you start building, such as the dog house height, door, windows, and other such facilities that you may want to add for your pet.
Due to global warming, which has brought huge heat waves all over the world, many have air conditioning in the dog house as well. Here a dog house blue print will be needed by law as many other issues will need to be addressed, as well, such as fire safety and escape route in case of emergency.
Your Dog and His/Her House
It is very important to get the right dog house for your pet especially if you plan to let him/her spend a great deal of time in there. There are many things to consider which can easily slip your mind if you don’t have a dog house building plan at hand to follow.
Here are a few points that a dog house building plan will outline and which will make it considerably easy to you to build:
- The size of the dog house, which depends on the size of your dog.
- Its entrance and windows.
- The material which will be used.
- Many pet owners nowadays take into consideration adding air conditioning to the dog house, as well, especially when the dog spends most of his/her time there. Summers can be extremely warm and winters very cold, which can affect your friend’s health.
- A dog house building plan will also outline escape routes and a fire extinguisher if you install air conditioning. This is required by law not that your dog is going to turn you in.
Many of us think, and in fact are convinced, that building a dog house cannot be difficult as it is only one tiny room – until they start building without the help of a plan and find out the difficulties first hand. In fact, there are also available dog house blue prints should you ever want one; this too, just like the dog house building plan, is of great help in the long run.
Dog House Plan: Building the Best Home for Your Beagle
If you intend to build your own dog house, the first thing you are going to need is a dog house plan. A dog house plan is a blueprint for how to build the correct dog house for your dog. Most people, when they think of a dog house, imagine a single universal image. However, just as dogs are all built differently, so are dog houses. A small dog shouldn’t be placed in a large dog house, just like a large dog shouldn’t be placed in a small dog house. The size and shape of the dog house should accommodate your dog; after all, this is going to be your dog’s home, it should be comfortable once inside.
The first thing you have to decide when you’re making your dog house plan is how big your dog house should be. Your dog should be able to fit in and turn around once inside. When designing your dog house, measure your dog and allow some moving room. Don’t forget to include a big enough opening for your dog. If your dog house plan includes a door that is exactly the same size as your dog, the dog will have to squeeze through. If the dog house is uncomfortable for the dog, the dog house is likely to go unused.
Tools and Materials
Another part of the dog house plan is what tools and materials you’ll need. If you are not good at measurements and cutting, bring your dog house plan to a lumber store or hardware store. Someone there should be able to tell you what measurements you’ll need and will likely cut the wood for you. You’re going to need hammers, nails, wood glue, and plenty of wood. If you can’t find help at a lumber store, look online. There are several do-it-yourself sites that can help you with your dog house.
No Shame in Asking for Help
Sometimes, when making your dog house plan, it becomes obvious that you don’t know where to start. If this is the case, then maybe it’s time to realize that you can’t do this on your own. There is no shame in asking for help; after all, it would be best to build your dog house the right way the first time. If you build your dog house the wrong way, you may need to go back and fix what you’ve done or simply start over from scratch. It’s better to ask for help than to waste a lot of time and energy on something that isn’t correct to begin with.
Of course, there’s another way to get a dog house that doesn’t include a plan. That way is to go to the store and buy one. Some pet supply stores sell dog houses that are already built. They’ll likely have one to fit your pet and you’ll save a lot of sweat, and tears.
For those who insist on doing it themselves, making a dog house plan is the most important part. The plan must include measurements, materials, and tools. Everything must be calculated first, before you start. If your dog house plan is correct and your dog house comes out the way you want it, think of the sense of accomplishment you’ll feel. Not only that, but think of how happy your dog will be with its new home.
Beagle Dog House Building Plan Helpful Tips
Building a dog house can at times be quiet complex and extensive if you don’t plan it in advance with a dog house building plan.
There are specialized books available on building your own dog house project, which will help you greatly in sketching your own dog house building plan. Also online sites for your best friends can find both dog house building plans and blue prints, usually for free.
Your dog will definitely appreciate your thought and effort for his/her home. Today a dog house is a necessity, especially if you have a large dog, for both health and comfort issues that can be faced in closed quarters.
The dog needs its own independence even if you allow him/her to stay in the house with you most of the time. Also during the times of the year when he/she is shedding you will be glad that you invested in a dog house.
Where to Get a Free Dog House Blue Print?
If you are not an architect and don’t want to pay one to get a dog house blue print, you can still get one for free on the Internet; here you will find several sites dedicated to man’s best friend and his/her needs.
I personally found about twelve different free dog house blue prints to choose from and they were all quiet different in design and style. Even if you may not find exactly what you are looking for, you can definitely get a fair idea of what you may want to do as a dog house.
The Value of a Dog House
A dog house is a great idea and investment even if you keep your pet most of the time indoors. In summer time, not just your pet will appreciate the freedom and choice to choose where he/she would like to spend the day or night.
It is also advised to keep him/her out of the house during the shedding period when your pet’s hair falls out, because the hair can get to be dangerous for health – especially if you have small children.
Dogs make wonderful pets that are loyal and loving for all their life; they offer unconditional love to their master and friend for a lifetime. It is a very small thing that you would be doing for your friend in turn by building him/her a dog house. You can start planning today by getting a dog house blue print.
What About Building a Dog House for Your Beagle?
There are many things to consider when you are building a dog house. The first and foremost is the comfort of the animal. If the dog house is uncomfortable to the pet, then it could be made of gold, and the animal would not even look at it. It is imperative that the animal feels happy and safe inside its house. For this purpose, one should be extremely careful while building a dog house, because it is easy very easy to get carried away and create a house that is exceptionally beautiful for humans and totally useless for your dogs.
What You Should Ensure that Your Dog House Should Have?
There are many things that you should take into consideration while building a dog house for your pet. Though the frills will depend from person to person and from dog to dog, the basics will always remain the same.
- The dog house should be easy to clean. For this purpose, many people choose to put hinges on the roof while building a dog house; this would ensure that the place will always be cleaned thoroughly, giving the animal a safe and pleasant environment to live in.
- Place the dog-house entrance towards the East (this is valid in USA where most of the storms come from the West or South); in this way, the dog will never be faced with direct wind or rain getting in through the entrance. The direction can be changed in the case of other places, depending on the direction of the wind in that region.
- A common fallacy people face while building a dog house is to not paint the insides of the dog-house. This is mostly because the dogs cannot stand the strong smell of the paint and when exposed for long period, it impairs their sense of smell temporarily. However, if you paint the house, say some 10-15 days in advance, then the smell and its impact would definitely be over. In fact the dog house will look a thousand times better if the insides are painted as well.
- You can ensure that rain does not get inside the dog’s house by slightly slanting the roof and the floor of the house towards the entrance. In this way, even if the rain water gets it, it will not get inside the house and wet the animal sheltered inside.
The above are some of the highlights that one should keep in mind while building a dog house. The overall package will always depend on the animal and the person who is constructing; however, unless the basics are taken care of, the house would not be inhabitable.