When you think about it, when we ourselves learn a particular task, we do so by a series of corrections and rewards. If we didn’t get at the first time and we are corrected. But if we got a right we are rewarded. This is no different in the world of dogs. When your dog first comes home to you, he needs to learn a number of rules and obedience commands. And correction is a very effective means where you can expedite his learning. Correction, or correcting a dog’s behavior should never involve negative punishment. You never need to tell your dog that he is a bad dog, and there is certainly no point getting angry with your dog.
✅ Training Collar For Dogs Correction
Essentially an electronic version of clicker training – This is an extremely humane, simple system that can be used in a very similar way to clicker training. Use the remote to ‘beep’ the dog. The dog comes. You reward the dog. It’s about positive reward and repetition.
Correction must be thought of as a learning tool. You need to incorporate correction in a carefully planned and objective manner. You need to think of correction is simply as a means of letting your dog know that he needs to change his current behavior.
Correcting your dog behavior needs to be done quick and immediately following the incorrect behavior. By saying “no”, in an authoritative manner your dog will soon recognize you as the Alpha or boss dog and take notice of what you are saying. As soon as you have stopped an inappropriate behavior by saying no, you need to praise him for listening to you.
An important point to note here, is that when you correct your dog you need to do it in and unemotional and objective fashion. If you are consistent with your correction then it won’t be long before your dog understands to stop a certain behavior once he hears your correction. Now the fun part starts after your dog completes a certain behavior correctly. If after you have given a command to your dog, and he performs at then now is the time when you can pour out your emotions and praise for your dog. Being consistent with this praise, your dog will associate doing the right thing or behavior with positive praise.
It is important that you keep up this correction because it is actually quite a natural thing for the dog to experience. People actually feel more secure knowing that you are his Alpha dog and that you are guiding him toward what he can and cannot do. So the key to all of this is that you need to ensure that you are recognized as the Alpha or boss of your household.
Other Dog Owners Are Reading...
- Can Dog Rescue Others? Knowing More About Beagle Rescue Dog Training (2021)
- Special Christmas Gift For My Dog: 3 Unique And Low Price Aesthetic Holiday Dog Collar 2021
- Holistic Medicine For Beagles: More Natural Approach To Heal In Veterinary Care (2021)
✅ Dog Collars
- The Big Dog Nano No-Bark Collar That Makes Training Easy (2021)
- What A Deluxe Bark Control Collar Offers You?
- You Can Get A Personalized Dog Collar For Your Beagle!
✅ Dog Fence & Door
- What Does A Wireless Pet Containment Fence Do?
- Why Don’t You Install The Doggie Door? It Will Be Your Second Best Friend Of 2021
- Benefits And Advantages Of Invisible Dog Fences (2021)
✅ Dog Kennel & Bed
- Dog Kennel Flooring For Your Beagle
- Beagle Dog Kennel Training
- Could You Send your Beagle To A Dog Boarding Kennel?
✅ Beagle Health Care
- Advanced Veterinary Products For Your Beagle
- Expert Grooming Tips For Your Beagle
- Diet And Nutrition Of Beagles
✅ Beginner Guide
- Beagle Puppies: Understanding The Personalities, History And Origin (2021)
- Creating A Living Space For Your Beagle Puppy
- How To Find A Used Dog Kennel For Your Beagle?
✅ Feeding Beagle
- Blue Buffalo Dog Food To Feed Your Beagle
- What You’ll Find In Wellness Dog Food!
- How Good Is Pedigree Dog Food?
✅ Training Beagle