EVERY BEAGLE IS A CHAMPION IN SOMEONE’S EYE
A farmer had some Beagle puppies from a good field trial and hunting stock that he needed to sell. He painted a sign advertising the pups and set about nailing it to a post on the edge of his yard.
As he was driving the last nail into the post, he felt a tug on his overalls. He looked down into the eyes of a little boy.
“Mister,” he said, “I want to buy one of your Beagle puppies.”
“Well,” said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat off the back of his neck, “these puppies come from AKC field champion parents and cost a good deal of money.”
The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer.
“I’ve got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to at least take a look?”
“Sure,” said the farmer. And with that, he let out a whistle, “Here, Molly!” he called. Out from the doghouse and down the ramp ran Molly followed by four little, long-eared balls of puppy fuzz. The little boy pressed his face against the chain-link fence. His eyes danced with delight.
As the Beagles made their way to the fence, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside the doghouse. Slowly another little, long-eared fuzz ball appeared; this one noticeably smaller. Down the ramp, it slid. Then in a somewhat of an awkward manner, the little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to catch up….”I want that one,” the little boy said, pointing to the runt of the litter.
The farmer knelt down at the boy’s side and said, “Son, you don’t want that puppy. He will never be able to run and hunt and play with you as these other dogs would.” I was thinking about putting that one to sleep.
With that said, the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing so he revealed a steel brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially made shoe. Looking back up at the farmer, he said, “You see sir, I don’t run too well myself, and he will need someone to hunt with that understands him.”
The farmer took the little boy’s thirty-nine cents, reached over the fence and scooped up the little runt pup, and with a big tear in his eye he handed the boy the puppy and said, “Here you go son, I know you and this pup will have a lot of fun years of hunting together.” And with that said, the little boy hobbled towards home with his well-bred, but not so perfect little Beagle puppy tucked up under his arm!!!
==> Related Reading ==>
Other Dog Owners Are Reading...
- Holistic Medicine For Beagles: More Natural Approach To Heal In Veterinary Care (2021)
- Can Dog Rescue Others? Knowing More About Beagle Rescue Dog Training (2021)
- Are You Looking For Your Dog’s Safe No Bark Collar? Here is BC-200 Recommendation For You 2021
✅ Dog Collars
- When To Get A Remote Dog Training Collar For Your Beagle?
- Using A Dog Shock Collar With Your Beagle
- Dog Collars You Can Use For Your Beagle
✅ Dog Fence & Door
- Electronic Pet Doors: Keeping Unwanted Dogs Out
- Why Don’t You Install The Doggie Door? It Will Be Your Second Best Friend Of 2021
- Is An Electronic Dog Fence Necessary? How To Keep Your Pets Safe 2021
✅ Dog Kennel & Bed
- Dog Kennel Flooring For Your Beagle
- Could You Send your Beagle To A Dog Boarding Kennel?
- How About A Portable Dog Kennel For Your Beagle?
✅ Beagle Health Care
- Veterinary Medicine For Your Beagle
- Veterinary MRI: What To Do If Your Beagle Needs One?
- Veterinary Oncology And Your Beagle: How To Diminish Suffering Of Your Sick Pet 2021
✅ Beginner Guide
- Beagle Poems To Dog Owners About Rabbit Hunting & Unconditional Love
- Are You Planning To Purchase Beagle? Caution! Things You Must Check Before Buying Puppies
- Beagle Poems To Comfort The Grieving – Dog Poems About Death, Rainbow Bridge & Heaven
✅ Feeding Beagle
- Review: ‘245 Homemade Dog Food Recipes’ You Should Follow For Your Pet’s Healthy Diet 2021
- Why Solid Gold Dog Food Is A Good Choice For Your Beagle?
- Is Eukanuba Dog Food The Best Thing To Feed Your Beagle? (2021)
✅ Training Beagle