Its one of those beautiful South California days and you are walking to the beach. Your young friend is bouncing happily next to you. His red bandana is secure around his neck, his tongue is hanging out of his mouth and he can barely contain his excitement. Every once in a while you throw a stick and pray he retrieves it to you.
Your forever loving canine, with his bright red bandana, gleefully romps through the reeds and grabs it between his teeth. Whatever he will do next is clearly unknown. He looks at the water and the waves, and then he looks at you curiously. You reach down and attach his lead and thus your oceanside dog training has begun.
Of course, every dog needs training. One of the more fun and pleasant ways to teach your dog to sit and fetch is oceanside dog training. Oceanside dog training on a beautiful California day, overlooking the blue Pacific Ocean, can be very calming and very pleasant for both you and your canine friend. Being by the ocean is a special treat for him and, therefore, he will do whatever he can to please his master. So step one of the psychology of oceanside dog training has been accomplished.
The Beach Training
Oceanside dog training should be started after your dog has mastered a few other commands. First, he must come when he is called and second, it is very important that he can stay at your command. Initiate his first steps into the ocean slowly, carefully and playfully. Run with him on his lead through the shallow surf and play with him. This way he gets used to the water and knows he can quickly run back to safety if necessary.
Sit in the water, throwing his stick around and play with him to get him used to the feel of the water all over his body. When he has mastered this process then venture a little further, where the water becomes deeper. A dog will naturally swim when unable to keep his head above water. Thus, the term, dog paddling was born. After accomplishing this step in oceanside dog training, it is time to venture back into the shallow area and commence throwing his stick and using your fetch command.
This oceanside dog training exercise may take a bit of practice, but it can be accomplished. After your dog has learned to fetch and frolic in the shallow waves, it is time to begin the most difficult task of oceanside dog training, throwing the stick into the deeper waters of the ocean. It does help to have a floating fetch stick for this event. A fetch stick with a rope attached to it is ideal for this oceanside dog training. If your dog has accomplished fetching quite consistently, there should be no problem with him wading and then paddling out to retrieve his stick. He can grab the rope easily between his teeth and paddle back to you.
Your dog will almost naturally swim out to the stick without hesitation if he has no fear of the water. All of these oceanside dog training steps may take several trips to the ocean to accomplish. Concentrate on one step each time you make a trip to the beach. Be very consistent with these steps and in no time your faithful friend will become a fun and playful pal for you at the beach.
==> Related Reading ==>
Other Dog Owners Are Reading...
- Healthy Diet For Your Pet: Feeding Your Beagle Innova Dog Food (2021)
- Veterinary Oncology And Your Beagle: How To Diminish Suffering Of Your Sick Pet 2021
- Miniature Pets: Is That A Beagle In Your Pocket? Toy Recommendations For Small Beagles (2021)
✅ Dog Collars
- What A Deluxe Bark Control Collar Offers You?
- Will A Harley Davidson Dog Collar Suit Your Beagle?
- Fashionable Burberry Dog Collars For the Beagle
✅ Dog Fence & Door
- Wireless Containment Systems: What They Do?
- Why Don’t You Install The Doggie Door? It Will Be Your Second Best Friend Of 2021
- Benefits And Advantages Of Invisible Dog Fences (2021)
✅ Dog Kennel & Bed
- Are You A Dog Owner? Best Deals You Must Check Out For Your Buddy: Amazon Prime Day 2021
- How To Build A Dog Kennel Fence To Suit Your Beagle?
- Will You Need An Outdoor Dog Kennel For Your Beagle??
✅ Beagle Health Care
- How To Know If My Dog Is Sick Or Just Tired? 5+ Sick/exhausted Dog Symptoms
- What To Expect When Your Dog Has Cancer? – Signs, Causes, Treatments
- Veterinary Medicine For Your Beagle
✅ Beginner Guide
- Beagle Poems To Comfort The Grieving – Dog Poems About Death, Rainbow Bridge & Heaven
- Having Difficulties In Breeding Beagles? 8 Book Recommendation And Review That Will Guide You
- How To Handle Two Dogs?
✅ Feeding Beagle
- Considering The Science Diet Dog Food For Your Beagle?
- Royal Canine Dog Food For Your Beagle
- Innovative Veterinary Diets For Your Beagle
✅ Training Beagle