While your new Beagle pup is fairly self-maintained, there are some tips for properly providing general Beagle care for your new pet. Their short, compact coat is mostly waterproof and their shedding habits are minimal, but some general Beagle care will be needed to help maintain your dog’s health and happiness.
Your new Beagle pup should be brushed almost daily with a hounds glove or stiff brush to remove any dead hair. They should also be combed with a flea comb to remove any unseen dirt. During its brushing, the ears should also be wiped clean to prevent any infections or hearing problems as part of your general Beagle care for your pet.
A Beagle’s ears are floppy and tend to hold moisture inside the ear canal, which can manifest into infection. Especially if the animal is allowed to roam free in a fenced in yard and small insects and bugs can also find a dark, warm home there. As part of your regular general Beagle care program, keeping the ears clean and the coat brushed can also reduce the possibility of the development of an odor.
Diet Keeps Dog Fit And Trim
When you view your Beagle from above, it should have an hourglass appearance with some definition to its waist. Due to their playfulness and gentle personality, overfeeding is a common issue, resulting in the animal becoming overweight. As part of general Beagle care its diet should be restricted to a cup or two of dry, nutritional dog food daily and never table scraps. Minding its weight can help prevent such problems as hip dysplasia and heart trouble.
Eyelashes can often be a problem for Beagles and general Beagle care should include keeping them trimmed. Since they grow long, they have a chance to curl under and grow into the eye causing irritation, known as distichiasis, possibly requiring surgery to correct.
There is no real reason to take a Beagle to a salon for bathing or grooming, but when occasionally bathing it at home, no tears dog shampoo should be used and extra care should be taken to completely dry inside their ears. Careless bathing can cause water to become trapped inside the ears, leaving the potential for ear infections. Another general Beagle care tip for preventative care is a diet of lamb and rice dog food, which supplies nutritional needs to keep their immune system healthy to fight infections.
You will also want to find a good veterinarian, who is familiar with the common problems of a Beagle and understands the health concerns facing the Beagle.
==> Related Reading ==>
Other Dog Owners Are Reading...
- Veterinary Oncology And Your Beagle: How To Diminish Suffering Of Your Sick Pet 2021
- Beagle Basic Dog Training By Yourself: 6 Tips You Must Know (2021)
- Can Dog Rescue Others? Knowing More About Beagle Rescue Dog Training (2021)
✅ Dog Collars
- Would You Like A Pink Dog Collar For your Beagle?
- How To Properly Use The Electronic Dog Training Collar With Your Beagle?
- Using A Dog Shock Collar With Your Beagle
✅ Dog Fence & Door
- Wireless Containment Systems: What They Do?
- Prepare A Christmas Gift For Your Beagle! Biggest Shopping Event You Should Check: Amazon Black Friday 2021
- Benefits And Advantages Of Invisible Dog Fences (2021)
✅ Dog Kennel & Bed
- Will Your Beagle Need An Extra Large Dog Kennel?
- Dog Kennel Flooring For Your Beagle
- How To Find A Dog House Design for Your Beagle?
✅ Beagle Health Care
- Is My Dog Overweight & How To Get My Dog To Lose Weight?
- What You Must Know About Veterinary Hematology?
- Innovative Veterinary Diets For Your Beagle
✅ Beginner Guide
- How To Build Trust & Bond With Your Dog On A Deeper Level?
- Beagle Poems To Dog Owners About Rabbit Hunting & Unconditional Love
- Beagle Puppy Names
✅ Feeding Beagle
- Iams Dog Food And Your Beagle
- You Could Try Organic Dog Food For Your Beagle
- Free Printable No Oven Dog Treats Recipes That Will Enhance Your Beagle’s Health
✅ Training Beagle